Monday, March 4, 2013

Your 1st Birthday Party(ies)



Dear Jordy-Bug,

For a while now, we've been pondering how best to honor you for your first birthday, which is rapidly approaching. Cake? Pie (it is Pi day, after all)? Balloon release? Ladybug decorations? Just Daddy and Me? Include family and friends? I just wasn't sure...and neither was Daddy.

Neither of us have ever been huge "birthday people," and we never intended to throw you elaborate birthday parties (and probably not even simple ones until you were old enough to ask for them.) But somehow, we feel differently now. You taught us that a birthday is more precious than we ever realized, and you deserve to be honored on your special day. Besides that, Mommy needs something to look forward to. Something to plan and take my mind off the fact that this is the month in which you died. Something to focus on the knowledge that this is also the month that you lived! In fact, this may very well be more for us than it is for you. We need to be surrounded by people who love you and us. People who wish they got to know you better. People who Daddy and I wish you got to know. So, we talked and decided to have an Open House on March 16th to celebrate you with family and friends! I don't have all of their email addresses to include them on the evite, so I hope any of our friends who see this know they are welcome.

We can't possibly throw a better party than the one you'll be enjoying in heaven, and we're not even going to try to compete. But we will honor you the best way we know how: with friends and family in our home here on earth. Some day, we will be together and then we'll really let 'er rip on your special day!

I love you, little Bug!

Love,

10 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday, Jordyn. I wish I could split myself into two people. :'( I know your mommy and daddy and friends will be so blessed to honor you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She knows you love her. Can't rightly ask you to miss any part of your own shower. ;)

      Delete
  2. I so wish I lived closer to you!!! Happy 1st Birthday, Jordy-Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth primroseMarch 4, 2013 at 2:38 PM

    Happy Birthday month. Your life continues to touch so many many people. I never met you here on Earth,but will in heaven, so brace yourself for all the kisses coming your way, little one! Constant hugs to Mommy and Daddy now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giddyup! I'm ready! Are we putting notes in the balloons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I planned on having printouts you can write on and attach to the string. I think we'll probably have the balloons pre-inflated, so getting them inside might be a challenge. lol. ;)

      Delete
  5. What a great idea! I wish I could come but it's my weekend to work :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll catch up soon...we still need to make our way back to the NICU to see Jordyn's name on the Tribute Wall.

      Delete

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.