Monday, March 10, 2014

You're Still a Big Deal

Dear Jordy-Bug,

I can't believe you're going to be two years old on Friday (Pi Day.) Two! Every day I wonder what you'd be doing, how your personality would have developed, what you would love, what you would dislike, if your hair would still be crazy-funky, and on and on. I just wish I could see you, hold you, talk with you...(tears).

Last year on your birthday, we had a big party with lots of guests, balloons, food, beverages, and a special cake. This year we're not doing that. This year, I just need to be with your Daddy and your Sissy and remember you with a little less fanfare. We'll still have a really cool cake and bright green balloons, so get ready to catch them. But it'll just be our little family honoring you privately. I think that's okay. It needs to be okay. I'm afraid, though, if we have a quiet day, people might think that you're not a big deal any more. Let's face it, you're a HUGE deal. You always will be to Daddy and me...and someday to your little sister, Joslyn. I just wanted you to know that.

Ladybug posing with Joslyn.
I love you, Bug.

P.S. Thank you for sending a ladybug to visit us during the Sander family photo session on Saturday. I couldn't believe it when Daddy looked up and saw one perched on the ceiling just above where we were assembling to take a photo. Until this point, I hadn't seen one since before you were born. This one never moved the entire time we were there. It was pretty cool.


Love,

14 comments:

  1. The best part about this time of the year, is all the little lady bugs that send us all a reminder to hold on to the ones that we love and cherish each and every day. None of us are guaranteed the next day to spend with our loved ones. Lady Bugs and Hugs for LIFE! A tribute, an honor and a memorial for Jordyn and her family. <3

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Kelly! This was beautiful and made me tear up. Jordyn knows how special she is.She also knew she needed to be there for family pictures. She's still as much a part of the family now as the day she was born. Thanks for the beautiful letter to honor her 2nd year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Happy Birthday to Ms. Jordyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still remember praying for your family before we knew you. Then meeting under the same circumstances. Happy Birthday to your little Jordyn! I pray you have a blessed day this Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love. Was just thinking about your sweet girls bday coming yesterday. So glad you posted. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully written, Kelly (as always). Jordyn will always be a big deal. Chances are, you will celebrate Joslyn's second birthday differently than her first as well. Some birthdays are meant just to be spent with the family.
    Janelle Davis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Jordy Bug. Hope you will be celebrating with Grandpa Nockerts and all your special friends. Miss you so much Angel Jordyn. Give grandpa a hug for me and I am sending hugs to you too. Love Grandma Nockerts

    ReplyDelete

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.