Friday, July 31, 2015

Two Little Girls, Two Little Birthdays

Dear Jordy-Bug,

Tomorrow your sweet, rambunctious, precocious little sister will be two years old. TWO! I have a feeling you are two very different girls. Joslyn is all about action: singing, dancing, swimming, coloring, chattering, and socializing. I imagine you as a bit quieter, a tad more contemplative, a smidge on the cerebral side. Still, I think you would be the best of friends.  I imagine her coaxing you out of your shell, while you keep her grounded (and maybe even out of trouble.)

For Joss's 2nd birthday, we're going to Rooftop Church's summer party for some mini golf, bouncing, bubbles, music, and ice cream. Then we're coming back home for a dinner of pizza, salad, and a special cake created by one of Mommy's former students. It's a pretty basic celebration for a two year old. I notice as I plan things for her, though, there's always something niggling at me...almost holding me back. For instance, last year we bought her one small gift (a little basketball) and visited Grant's Farm. Even with that very simple day, I felt guilty. Why? Because no one gets YOU anything for YOUR birthday. We usually release some balloons and have cake (we completely dropped the ball on those this year because of the arrival of your new brother), but there aren't any packages with your name on them. There aren't many cards that come in the mail (a couple thoughtful friends still send them.) Don't misunderstand me, I don't want gifts showing up at the house...I don't want anything for me, except to know that you're loved and remembered. So, as a belated birthday present to you, I'm asking our friends and family to honor you at the Share Walk for Remembrance and Hope. That can come in the form of registering to walk with us, registering as an Angel in the Crowd (for those unable to attend, but who want to receive a t-shirt and program in the mail), or by sponsoring the walk through a monetary donation (below.)





 





















My hope is that you are showered with love through their generosity, and the Share organization is blessed by being able to support other bereaved families. 

We love you, Bug. Keep watching over your sister and brother...and make sure you sing "Happy Birthday" extra loudly tomorrow so she can hear you.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.