Friday, August 10, 2012

Back to School

Dear Jordy-Bug,

It's that time of year again. Daddy started football two-a-days on Monday of this week. He got me up at 6am to help him tie his shoes and wrap his cast. The same happened on Tuesday morning. On Wednesday, as I groggily finished tying a somewhat lopsided knot in his left shoe, he looked at me with his kind eyes and said, "You only have to do this for three more weeks." My original reaction was, "I guess that's not so long." But then it hit me, I would tie Daddy's shoes and wrap his arm and do just about anything else for him for the rest of my life if it meant I got to see him, talk to him, kiss him, and hold him every day. Thank you, sweet girl, for teaching me to cherish every minute I have with the ones I love...even at 6am.

Yesterday was my first official day back for the 2012-2013 school year. You should have been on your way to your first experience at daycare. I should have been crying because it was our first day apart. Instead, I cried all day because we are always physically apart. Some of my colleagues have tried to reach out to me, but I'm inconsolable and forever fighting back tears. I don't want to be at work. I want to be with you. I love and miss you more than anyone can imagine.

Love,

6 comments:

  1. Im sorry this is no where near easy for you, i wish it was, i wish there was someway the stress of it could be lowered. Thinking of you always Kel. Lots of love xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cherie. I guess I have to suck it up and just do it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I appreciate that, Alison. I really do. :)

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you and Dennis have each other.
      Matt

      Delete

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.