Saturday, July 14, 2012

4-Month Birthday in Heaven

Dear Jordy-Bug,

Happy 4-month Birthday, baby girl! I hope you are celebrating like crazy up in heaven with all of your friends and with our family members who have passed. Make sure you give Great Grandma and Grandpa Nockerts and Great Grandma and Grandpa Thyes big hugs and kisses and let them know that I think of them often. If Uncle Danny tries to get you to pull his finger, don't fall for it! Daddy misses his grandparents too, so be sure to tell Great Grandma and Grandpa Sander and Great Grandma and Grandpa Bagsby that he loves them. Maybe Jesus will even join in singing "Happy Birthday" with them all. What a joy that would be for you.

I can't help but wonder what you'd be doing if you were still here with us. At four months, I can see you holding your little head up while you're having some tummy time, following your Pooh bear with your eyes and reaching for him as Daddy holds him up for you, and laughing out loud or even squealing in delight as we play with you. That would be absolute music to Mommy's ears. Maybe you would even start rolling over, a first major step toward mobility! I picture you turning to look at Daddy when you hear his voice as he returns home from football practice. What fun as you start babbling, or even blowing raspberries at us. I wish we could see you do all these things and so much more, little one. I wish. I wish. I wish. But since we can't, we'll imagine it in our minds and in our hearts. Some day, when we see you again, you can tell us about and show us all the things you can do. I certainly hope there are cameras in heaven, because we don't want to miss a thing.

We love you more than anyone can imagine, Jordyn. Happy birthday.

Love,

13 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to a beautiful girl, having a beautiful time in the most beautiful place! <3 I love the time stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Love you Kell and Dennis as you continue to live through this loss, but I'm so glad you'll see her again some day. The time til then seems long, so maybe we can help you fill some of those days!

      Donna

      Delete
  3. sometimes I wonder if children born on 3-14 like birthday pi instead of birthday cake. It may be too soon to tell. Happy Day Jordy!
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, her Mommy prefers pie over cake (unless it's cheesecake), so there's a good chance you're correct.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for blogging Kelly. Your thoughts are beautiful and your faith is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading it, Jane. It means a lot to me to have your love and support.

      Delete
  5. Dear Jordy,
    When I hear your story and see the pain your parents are going through it reminds me of my favorite song "tears in Heaven." I know you will hold their hands when they see you again in heaven. And I'm happy that there will be no more tears when they get there. Everyone loves and misses you dear Bug!

    See you again.....in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, sweet girl...you are loved :)
    Stefanie Byrd

    ReplyDelete
  7. such sweet words from a mommy's heart <3

    ReplyDelete

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.