Sunday, July 8, 2012

Barrett's Memorial

Dear Jordy-Bug,

On Friday night, the Delmez family held Barrett's memorial service. Did you two watch it from heaven? It was a lovely tribute to a sweet little boy, but Daddy and I were wrecks. Watching the memorial video, listening to the worship songs (one of which was "Praise you in this storm," the same song that Jason and Michele sang at your memorial), and listening to the stories that friends shared, brought us back to the day that you were born...to the two weeks we spent with you in the NICU...to the day that you died...to the day hundreds of friends and family visited you at the funeral home. It was difficult to stay in the moment with Barrett's family and not relive YOUR life. I cried the entire time. For you, for us, for Barrett, for his family...

This was the 6th visitation/memorial we've attended, including yours, since March...three of the six were for children. Daddy is going to another one on Monday for a colleague of his. I can't bring myself to attend another one. I don't know how I made it through yours, much less the next five.

I love you, sweet girl.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.