Sunday, November 11, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 11--Ladybugs

Dear Jordy-Bug,

I'm thankful for ladybugs because of what they've come to represent in the last eight months...you. It makes my heart happy when friends email, text, or send me a message on Facebook telling me they saw a ladybug, or in some cases, hundreds of ladybugs, because it means they were thinking of you. Three different people sent me photographs of ladybugs that they saw just today. Each one made me smile.

Yesterday, I was washing apples that we bought for Daddy's lunches, and I noticed that the sticker on the fruit had a ladybug on the logo. Daddy stuck it on the fridge. Even a silly little produce sticker means something to us now. Among other things, we have key chains, stuffed animals, embroidered patches, pins, beads, figurines, stickers, address labels, garden statues, plaques, stained glass sun catchers, drawings, cards, and bows for Jordyn Bear. We also have a ladybug pillow, blanket, coin purse, photo frame, bird house, garden flag, stepping stone, painting, Halloween costume, and of course, my cremation locket that holds some of your precious ashes. We've become ladybug collectors. Somewhat out of our own volition, and somewhat because others feel compelled to send us these things. We are blessed that they do, because again, it means they are thinking of you and loving us.

I hope when we get to heaven you are wearing your bright green ladybug outfit and your matching bow. I have a feeling we'd know you regardless of what you're wearing, but it would still be a special gift to see you in that outfit again. We love and miss you, Bug.

Love,

10 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly,

    Speaking of ladybugs, Jordyn was helping us put up Christmas lights today. She sat next to a red light that was burnt out until I changed it. Once it worked again, she flew away!

    Love ya! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, that's what I'm talking about. :) Thank you for sharing this.

      Delete
  2. Hey,
    My bff loves ladybugs, too. Her mom had a ladybug bracelet she always wore, and my friend would always get her mom ladybug stuff. Yesterday, I was with my friend at her mom's "resting place". As we got in the car to leave, there was a ladybug climbing in the window. I immediately thought of Jordyn. As my friend lovingly coaxed the bug back into the wild, she commented on how she felt it was a sign from her mom. I guess that would be a two for one ladybug special. :) <3
    Love ya, Cathy Gieselman

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never really noticed lady bugs until Jordy, each and every time i see something thats lady-bug ish i think of little Jordy! Ive been waiting for the day i can actually find one just to take a photo for you LOL
    I can only hope people do the same with Loken when they see lambies.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one photo of Jordyn with a lamb on her chest...and I do think of Loken and her together in heaven when I see it. xo

      Delete
  4. On a side note, I have yet to see a real ladybug this year. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my Jordy-Bug on my foot! Think of your little angel every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too. Such a beautiful tribute to her. Thank you again.

      Delete
    2. Wish I could do more. Love you!

      Delete

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.