Tuesday, November 13, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 13--Our Jobs & Stuff

Dear Jordy-Bug,

As I sit here at my computer during lunchtime, I'm thinking about how thankful I am to have a stable career with friendly colleagues, understanding administrators, and decent pay. Daddy and I both appreciate how much our jobs allow us to be comfortable economically, while giving us time together most evenings, weekends, holidays, and summers (let's pretend football season doesn't count.) We will never be rich, but we have what we need with regard to material "stuff." We would have provided you with all the love and "stuff" you needed too, like a cozy home, books and toys, plenty of food, cute clothes, and all the other things little girls need (or want.) I think you would have been happy. I think we all would have been happy.

I'd give up all the "stuff" in a heartbeat to have you back. But since that's not possible, I sit here picturing you in heaven with EVERYthing you could possibly want or need. Daddy and I could never provide you with all that you are blessed with there. You're a very lucky girl, sweet Jordyn. And we can't wait to meet you up there in that perfect place. We love you.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.