Friday, November 9, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 9--Football-Free Friday

Dear Jordy-Bug,

Today's entry is simple. I am grateful for a Friday night that doesn't involve high school football. Once the season ends for Daddy's team, he usually goes to the other playoff games around town. After our emotional week, however, he is choosing to stay home with me tonight. Our evening will entail eating carryout, getting cozy under a warm blanket on the couch, and catching up on DVRed shows. It sounds like a perfect Friday night to me.

Almost.

We all know that it will never be perfect because there will always be someone missing. There will always be a piece of us missing. But Daddy and I are trying to get through this together. For that, I am incredibly thankful.

We love and miss you, sweet Jordyn.

Love,

4 comments:

  1. Glad you and Dennis get some time together. Sometimes a person can get "footballed out" Even as much as I love footballt, it is nice to get a break. Have a great weekend. Love to both of you

    Mom Nockerts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear you are able to be together. I know football season has to be hard on both of you.

    I know Jordyn was with you both, even if you could not see her. I have faith in that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was extra difficult this year...but we survived. <3

      Delete

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.