Wednesday, November 21, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 21--Breakfast for Dinner

Dear Jordy-Bug,

Daddy and I just finished a tasty dinner. We made scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, bacon, and buttermilk pancakes. It was a nice treat, especially since we slept in today and missed breakfast (and plan to do the same tomorrow.)

When I was pregnant with you, you always squirmed and wriggled whenever we had breakfast for dinner. I think you liked the syrup. Lol. Those extra-energetic movements made me picture you as a baby, sitting in your high chair, using your tiny hands to shove pieces of syrupy pancake into your little mouth, getting it in your hair, your ears, and all over the floor. That image made me smile. It still makes me smile, though there's a sadness behind it. Now, I can only imagine you enjoying your pancakes in heaven without us. They're probably the best pancakes ever, though. So eat up, little one. You have the angels to clean you up afterwards. ;)

I love you!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.