Saturday, November 24, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 24--Our Home

Dear Jordy-Bug,

Today as I sat on the comfy couch, with a warm blanket and a snuggly kitty on my lap, playing a little Words with Friends on the iPad, and watching the Wisconsin game, the last thing I wanted to do was fire up the computer to write this blog. Then it hit me, I was warm and comfy because we have a nice house.

In less than an hour, I'll be on my way downtown to the Edward Jones Dome to watch the Blue Springs game with Daddy. I will, undoubtedly, pass a few people who call the street their home. It's not right and it's not fair. Life is not fair. I need to remember how lucky I really am. So, I got my lazy butt off the couch, displacing a none-too-happy Lucy, and here I am.

As grateful as I am for our home, I selfishly wish you could have shared it with us. Daddy and I bought, borrowed, or were showered with everything you could possibly need or want. We have a beautiful crib, swings, lamb seat, Pack N Play, bassinet, floor gym, ExerSaucer, Boppy, Bumbo, stroller and car seat, glider-rocker, toys, books, stuffed animals, blankets, bottles, bath tub, medicine, lotions and cremes, baby wash, diapers and wipes (lots and lots of diapers and wipes), video monitor, adorable clothes, and much more. And you never got to use any of it. We painstakingly and lovingly decorated your nursery so it would be perfect for you. Daddy and I still go in there when we're feeling down to rock in your glider. Usually, we read one of your many books to you. But sometimes we just sit and think. Think about how much we miss you and wish you were here with us.

Our house is way too quiet without you.

I miss you and love you.

Love,

2 comments:

  1. This one is extra special because it shows the love you and Dennis have for that little Angel. She would have had everything to spoil her and more. Would there have been anything left for the Grandpas and Grandmas to bring over? Probably we would be able to find something interesting that Jordy would have liked or wanted. She would have lived in a house full of love, hugs and kisses. I keep praying for another brother or sister to help fill the void left by our Angel. Miss you. Love.... Mom

    ReplyDelete

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.