Wednesday, November 28, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 28--Grace, Mercy, Love...Hope

Dear Jordy-Bug,

Some mornings, I just want to throw the covers over my head and stay in bed. There's no purpose, no happiness, no hope. The 28th of each month is usually one of "those days." I battle depression, hopelessness, and anger as we commemorate the anniversary of your death. I cry and sometimes even scream. I shake my fist at God and ask "Why?" But, oddly enough, today was different. I woke up sad, but not hopeless.

We know you're in heaven. For the first time in months, though, it is truly sinking in. Jesus promised us that if we believe in the one true God who gave His only Son as atonement for our sins, we will live forever with Him (and you) in heaven. Daddy and I will join you some day and we'll see you again. I'm grateful for the hope that stems from the grace, mercy, and love shown to us by God in John 3:16.

You're a lucky girl to be in His midst. As much as I wish you were here, I know He is taking much better care of you than we ever could. We'll see you again some day. Things will get better. I have hope. Jordyn 3:14.

Happy 8-month anniversary in heaven, sweetie. I love you.

Love,

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, I just want to tell you that I have read every one of your blogs. You bless my heart with your honesty and vulnerability. I will continue to pray for you both.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.