Friday, November 2, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 2--Daddy


Dear Jordy-Bug,

Today and every day, I'm thankful for your Daddy. I met him later in life when I was 36 and he was 33 (Mommy is kind of a "cougar", but I'll explain that when you're older.) Maybe the delayed meeting is because God wanted us to experience other relationships in order to appreciate each other more. I don't know, but either way, I'm incredibly grateful He put Daddy in my life. When I first met him, I learned very quickly that he is a loving, smart, kind, thoughtful, honest, protective, patient, quiet, diligent, supportive, passionate, dependable, sweet, strong, generous, courageous, respectful, responsible, humble, God-loving man. As time went on, I learned that he is not as quiet as he first appears. When he has something that is important to him, he has lots to say. He can go on and on about track and football. He talks about you often, sweet Jordyn.

As our relationship developed, I learned that he wanted to be a Daddy. This thrilled me and caused me to fall even further in love with him. We got married on January 14, 2011 and immediately set to work on creating our little family. For a variety of reasons, we both agreed that we only wanted one child; Mommy's age, our desire to "not be greedy," and the ability to focus all our love and attention on one baby went into that decision. Fast forward five and a half months to July 2, when we got a positive reading on a pregnancy test. Our dream came true...you were coming into this world to complete us!

You were born exactly 14 months after our marriage began. On March 14, 2012, you made Daddy's favorite number (14) that much more precious to him. Beginning on that day in the NICU and even more so after you died two short weeks later, Daddy reached new heights in being loving, courageous, strong, and devoted to growing as our family's spiritual leader. I never wanted to go through such a horrendous loss, but if I had to go through it, I wouldn't want any other person by my side. Along with God, Daddy has been my rock. He makes me smile when I think I'm never going to smile again. He holds me and comforts me when I think I'm never going to stop crying. He encourages me when I think I'll never do anything productive ever again. He reminds me that God loves me, even when I don't feel it. Every day, he shows me how much he loves me, and how much he loves you. He would be such an awesome Daddy to you on this earth. That makes me happy and sad at the same time. He's an amazing Daddy, who never got to fully show you the extent of his love. Some day, baby girl. Some day, we'll all be together again and you'll learn firsthand why I'm so grateful for Daddy.

I love you both.

P.S. I shouldn't update the blog for you on my lunch time. Crying at my desk at school is not cool.

Love,

12 comments:

  1. Crying is cool, all the kids are doing it ;)

    Love you both. I'm so glad you have each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you say that, Britt, because as I was typing this, an upset little 6th grader was crying his eyes out in the guidance office next door.

      Love you, too. <3

      Delete
  2. You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I'm counting my blessings every day...to make myself consciously aware of them. So many days since March 28th I've felt like there's nothing to be thankful for. And that's just not true.

      Delete
    2. I LOVE your positivity. Truly.

      Delete
    3. Some days it's extremely difficult to find my positivity. I'm working on it.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. Jordyn, your Daddy always had my "vote" back in the day! What a man. :)I Kelly, your list of Dennis qualities is quite encouraging. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they're all accurate...I'm a lucky girl.

      Delete
  4. beautiful. glad that crying is the cool thing to do... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that's true, I'm the coolest person on the planet. :(

      Delete
  5. Beautiful, Kelly. I have learned to read your blogs in private because of how much I cry.
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.