Thursday, November 8, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 8--Black Mango Tea

Dear Jordy-Bug,

It's been an emotional week, and Mommy needs a break from writing about things that make her cry even more. So, today I'm thankful for Black Mango Iced Tea from QuikTrip (I mix 3/4 unsweetened with 1/4 sweet.) Sometimes, it's the simplest things that can get me through an hour or two. Today, it was seeing your Daddy for 20 extra minutes and the tea. It's very possible that the tea was that much better because I enjoyed it with Daddy. Regardless, I'm thankful for it.

I love you, sweet girl. And I miss you. We both do.

P.S. Give your Great Grandpa Thyes an extra squeeze and a kiss from me today. It's the anniversary of his death; he's been in heaven for 30 years now. In case you were wondering, the first part of your middle name (Tyse-Dallas) came from his last name (a.k.a. Grandma Nockerts' maiden name.)

...so much for not making myself cry.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.