Friday, November 30, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 30--Pairings

Dear Jordy-Bug,

Today I've been thinking a lot about pairings. Not wine and cheese or beer and food pairings (you're too young for those topics anyway)...people pairings. God has placed certain people in our lives who have made an incredible impact on us, particularly since you died. These people have said (or messaged) the things we needed to hear, done the things we needed accomplished, listened when we needed to talk, prayed for us when we needed strength and courage, and cried with us when we needed understanding. Family, friends, nurses, pastors, doctors, colleagues, acquaintances, and even empathetic strangers have crossed our path at exactly the moment we needed them most. They weren't necessarily the people we expected to be there for us. That's how I know they were sent from God. So, I am unbelievably grateful for the people who He paired us with in our time of greatest need.

This is the last day in the 30 Days of Thanks. It has challenged me to be intentional about my gratefulness. I hope it has helped others see that even in the midst of tragedy, there is always something to be thankful for. Sometimes, you just have to dig a little bit to find it.

I'll probably take a break from blogging for a bit. But I'll be back soon, sweet girl. I love you.

Love,

7 comments:

  1. You have done an awesome job with your 30 dyays of Thanks. I have read and reread all of them many times and have been enlightened by your precious words of wisdom and advise. I knew I had you for a special reason. I always said something good had to come out of those 32 hours I was in labor with you and as I read all of the things you are thankful for, many of them hit home. I feel I am probably one of the proudest mom's on earth. Stay strong and hang in there, good things will come your way. Love you and Dennis and Angel Jordy....MOM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made it through the day without tears...until now. I love you, mom.

      Delete
    2. Dennis and Jordyn love you, too. ;)

      Delete
    3. As long as they are happy tears.....Mom

      Delete
  2. Now you two made me cry!! lol I have also loved your posts, Kelly, and look forward to your return after your break. I still think about you, Dennis, beautiful Jordyn and your wonderful family every single day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have such a good heart, Tammy. <3

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.