Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 6--Our Friends

Dear Jordy-Bug,

Today, I want to share with you how much Mommy and Daddy are eternally grateful for our friends...from elementary school, from high school, from college, from work, from church, and those we have met because they are on a similar grief journey. We couldn't do this without their love and support. We were humbled by the hundreds of friends who showed up to pay their respects to you at your funeral and memorial service. We are thankful for those who sent (and continue to send) cards, emails, and texts just to check on us and let us know they love us. We are grateful for those who keep inviting us out to dinner and to other events even after we may have said "no" multiple times. We appreciate those who check in on Facebook to say they are thinking of us, care about us, or who post photos and quotations that remind them of us and of you. We are blessed by those who walked with us or donated to the Share Walk For Remembrance and Hope in your honor. There are a million reasons, large and small, that we love our friends. In case you forgot some of the other ways they have supported us in the last several months, please go back to the blog post from September 20th. We are truly blessed by each and every one of them.

I'm so glad you had the opportunity to meet some of the amazing people in our lives, Jordyn. Though I wish you had more time on earth to learn firsthand how wonderful they all are. I wish you had more time with all of us.

I love you from the bottom of my broken heart.

Love,

3 comments:

  1. Love you Kelly. If I make it to Heaven, can I PLEASE teach Jordyn about all the Disney things?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it...I stopped paying attention after Toy Story. Pretty sure Mulan ruined it for me. ;)

      Delete
    2. Confession, I've never seen Mulan! Other than that...I've got my PhD in Disney :)

      Delete

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.