Sunday, November 25, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 25--Photographs

Dear Jordy-Bug,

I am so grateful that we have lots of photographs of you. Some bereaved mommies and daddies have only one or two pictures, some only have ultrasound shots, and some don't even have that. My heart hurts for those parents. I don't want to imagine not being able to see your sweet face whenever I wake up in the morning, or enter my office at work, or turn on my computer, or use my phone, or open my purse, or walk into any room in our house. Although we will never have any new pictures of you, I am thankful that I get to see you every day. Even if it's only in photos.

I love you, precious Jordyn.

Love,

2 comments:

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.