Thursday, November 1, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 1--You

Dear Jordy-Bug,

This month contains Thanksgiving, a day that is devoted to counting our blessings and thanking God for them. Instead of just one day, though, some people choose to give thanks every day of the month (see the 30 Days of Thanks link in the side bar to learn more.) It's not only a way to let others know who and what we are thankful for, but it's a way for the "thanker" (in this case, your Mommy) to become acutely aware that there are so many, many gifts that God has given me. That, in and of itself, is a blessing. And He deserves my public gratitude for all of it.

Although the list of thirty people and things for which I am thankful is going to be in no particular order, it makes sense that I begin with you, my sweet Jordyn. Nothing and no one has impacted my life like you have. I carried you in my womb for nine months, dreamt of you for even longer, and devoted myself to you for the two precious weeks you lived with Daddy and me in the NICU. I've thought of you every minute of the day since you died. My life revolves around loving you and keeping your memory alive. You have taught me so much about love, grace, patience, and what truly matters in life. I will never be the same as I was before I met you, because you have made me a better person. And for that, little one, I will be forever thankful. I can't wait to get to heaven to thank you in person. But until then, know that Mommy and Daddy love you and miss you tremendously, and we thank God every day that He gave you to us...even for a little while.

Love,

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful.
    Cathy Gieselman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly- you continue to amaze me with your honesty, faith and beautiful heart. I am thankful to share a part of this journey with you. Thank you for reminding me to give gratitude for our blessings everyday, even in the times of pain. Jordy-Bug has one cool mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing some catch-up reading. I think I put it off b/c I know that I have no words to offer, but I want to...and my heart is full for you. You know this. <3

    Jordyn,
    You're mom is so amazing, but of course, you know that. I'm thankful for her. I'm thankful for you. I'm thankful for your memory. I'm thankful that you are more than a memory, and that you are kept by the Lord, and although I don't understand all of His ways or have His wisdom and knowledge, I know He keeps His promises and is faithful. I'm thankful I will meet you again in eternity.
    Love,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.