Monday, November 12, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 12--Your Cousins

Dear Jordy-Bug,

I have to be honest. I've been putting off this post for a while now. Although I'm thankful to have your cousins in our lives (to make us smile, make us laugh, make us proud, and even make us a little crazy), thinking about them also makes me incredibly sad. You are supposed to dress up with them on Halloween and open presents with them on Christmas. You are supposed to band together with them to connive Grandma and Grandpa out of treats and presents. You are supposed to get into trouble with them. You are supposed to be here with them...with us.

It is especially heart-wrenching to think about Olivia. She was born a mere seven weeks after you were. The two of you were supposed to be "best buddy cousins." Instead, she'll grow up never knowing you. They will all grow up not knowing you, not playing with you, and not spending holidays, birthdays, or summer vacations with you. I pray that Brett, Alex, Emma, and Leah will remember and love you, despite only having met you for one short weekend. And I also pray that, although they never met you at all, Aidan and Olivia will learn about you and grow to cherish your memory.


I love you so much, sweetheart. So much, it hurts. I'm looking forward to the day I get to watch you and your cousins playing together in heaven...to the day I no longer hurt.

Love,

6 comments:

  1. <3 lots of love Kel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Kels...I think about this everyday. It breaks my heart to know that Aidan and Olivia will not get the chance to grow up with their cousin Jordyn. I had so many great thoughts when we found out Liv was going to be a girl. So many hopes of them being the best of friends and the sleepovers, playing with dolls, playing dress up, and of course watching football together. They would be our little cheerleaders. I have to say for both the Packers and the Cowboys. LOL Aidan would be their big protector and their best bud. Of course I am sure he would cause trouble and blame them. LOL I could see it happening. I can promise you and D this...both Aidan and Liv will grow up to know who their cousin Jordyn is. They will be shown pictures of how beautiful she was. They will learn that she is up in Heaven and why. They will know how precious Jordyn is and how gorgeous she is and the crazy hair she had. I promise that we will talk to them about Jordyn always. She will never be forgetten. We love Jordyn so much and miss her greatly. Thank you so much for this post Kels. It means a lot to me. We love you, D, and Jordyn! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how much I appreciate this, Ash. :'(

      Love you too.

      Delete
  3. What a great blog. I am sure Steve and Bonnie's children will always remember Jordyn. Once you saw her with that punky hair style how could you forget her, thats the first thing I look at when I see a picture of her and I remember the sweet baby smell of her hair. She will be watching over all of her cousins.

    Just Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, mom.

      I'm not sure I understand "Just Mom."

      Delete

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.