Monday, November 5, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 5--Mommy's Brother & Sisters-in-Law


Dear Jordy-Bug,

Before you get too confused, Mommy's brother is only married to one of my sisters-in-law. But I have a total of three sisters-in-law and I am thankful for all of them, so hopefully that explains the post title a little better. ;)

Uncle Steve, Aunt Bonnie, Auntie Kimmy, and Auntie Ashley are blessings to Daddy and Me. Kim and Ashley visited almost every day while you were in the NICU, and Steve and Bonnie (with four kiddos in tow), drove 9 hours to see you for an entire weekend. Their love for you was apparent from first glance. Every one of them marveled at all your dark hair, your cute little lips and nose, and your chubby little legs. They "oohed" and "aahed," played with your fingers and toes, and talked to you every chance they got. They are the best aunts and uncles you could ask for, sweet Jordyn.

Although we don't see or talk to Uncle Steve and Aunt Bonnie very often, we are thankful to have them in our lives. We know they pray for us and think about you, beautiful girl. Kim and Ashley support and love us just like Daddy's parents do (see yesterday's post.) We can't thank them enough for their thoughtfulness, generosity, and love.

I'm sorry they didn't get to know you or spoil you. I'm sorry you didn't get to know them. I know you'd love them as much as we do. On the day you meet them again in heaven, be sure to wear your green bow. I think that one is their favorite.

I love you, little Bug.

Love,

7 comments:

  1. (Tears) Thank you Kelly. We are all so blessed to have you in our family as well. We love you so much! I couldn't ask for a better sister in law. <3
    Picturing Jordyn in that green bow now! I love that crazy hair! I love you Jordyn! XOXO Sending hugs and kisses to Heaven...I hope you feel them baby girl!
    -Aunt Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordyn,
    Auntie Kim loves and misses you very much. One day we will meet again and then you will see why some refer to me as "Crazy Aunt Kim". Also, I want you to know that I love your mommy and daddy very much sweetie <3
    -Aunt Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me smile thinking about your oldest nephew snuggling with Jordyn's giant teddy bear! You guys have the best family anyone could ask for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From all the pics you posted, I think they spoiled her the whole time she was here. I am positive she new how great they were. After all, there is no doubt she knows how wonderful her parents are.
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those kind words, Janelle. :)

      Delete

On March 14, 2012, I gave birth to Jordyn, the most beautiful baby girl ever. During delivery, however, she was deprived of oxygen. We lived with her in the NICU for two weeks, loving her, holding her, reading to her, singing to her, bathing her, changing her diapers, styling her full head of dark brown hair, praying over her, and sharing her with friends and family, until she went home to Jesus on March 28, 2012. These are my love letters to Jordyn Tyse-Dallas "TD" Sander; our little Jordy-Bug.